The Study USA Health Insurance for International Students is by far the most popular plan in the F1 student community in the US. This is plan is not only very affordable but also the most comprehensive meeting or exceeding the insurance requirements of most universities and colleges.
The monthly premium on the Study USA plan is $38 (up to age 24 years) for comprehensive $250,000 coverage. Please email us or fax (877 593 5409) your University requirements and if we can confirm if the plan meets all the requirements. Up on the completion of your purchase we can sign the insurance waiver form and send it your University.
Some Universities require Health Insurance for International Students in USA to cover a wide variety of risks. The highlights of the plan follow:
- Meets & exceeds the insurance requirements for J1 and J2 visa as defined by US Dept. of State
- Generous medical coverage (up to $250,000 or $300,000 per incident) with a low deductible of $50 Per Injury Sickness ($0 if first treated at Student Health Center)
- Excellent Evacuation ($500,000) & Repatriation ($100,000) benefits
- One of the few plans offering coverage for pre-existing conditions, pregnancy and mental & nervous conditions
The plan features:
- Coverage for Medical Expenses: Select an option from $250,000 and $300,000 Million limit
- Deductible: $50 Per Injury Sickness (shall not exceed $250 per Covered Person per Program year); $0 if first treated at Student Health Center. If there is no Student Health Center, the deductible will be waived only if medical services are received from a provider within the First Health Preferred Provider Network.
- Co-insurance: The plan shall pay 80% of the first $25,000 in medical expenses and then pay 100 of eligible claims
- Comprehensive medical benefits with coverage up to the policy maximum for most kind of medical expenses (i.e. typically there are no sub limits or daily limits for benefits)
- Good network of hospitals and doctors across the country at First Health preferred provider network and cash less or direct billing is possible when one uses hospitals and doctors within the preferred provider network
- Medical Evacuation: $500,000
- Repatriation: $100,000
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Can be covered after 6 months of continuous coverage under the plan
- Pregnancy: Can be covered; Conception of spouse or insured must occur after start of coverage
- Mental or Nervous Disorders & Alcohol & Substance Abuse Benefits: $10,000 for non US Citizens in the US
|Age||Plan A ($250,000 limit)||Plan B ($300,000 limit)|
|Monthly Rate||Monthly Rate|
|0 – 24||$38||$40|
|25 – 29||$55||$58|
|30 – 34||$70||$74|
|35 – 39||$99||$104|
|40 – 44||$125||$131|
|45 – 49||$135||$142|
|50 – 54||$250||$263|
|55 – 65||$300||$315|
Review detailed plan brochure at http://www.zinternationalstudenthealthinsurance.com/brochures/study-usa-insurance/index.pdf
The plan is underwritten by Chartis Insurance Company and the claims is provided by Chartis Accident & Health Claims, P.O. Box 25987, Shawnee Mission, KS 66225 (call 800 551 0824).